- Complex Systems
This book, first published in 2000, explores the exciting field of complexity.
- Multivariate Methods of Representing Relations in R for Prioritization Purposes
This monograph is multivariate, multi-perspective and multipurpose.
- Trees and Hierarchical Structures
The "raison d'etre" of hierarchical dustering theory stems from one basic phe nomenon: This is the notorious non-transitivity of similarity relations.
- Face Image Analysis by Unsupervised Learning
The first part of this volume reviews unsupervised learning, information theory, independent component analysis, and their relation to biological vision.
- Bioinformatics and Computational Biology Solutions Using R and Bioconductor
This book is more than a static collection of descriptive text, figures, and code examples that were run by the authors to produce the text; it is a dynamic document.
- Artificial Neural Networks in Medicine and Biology
This book contains the proceedings of the conference ANNIMAB-l, held 13-16 May 2000 in Goteborg, Sweden.
- Probabilistic Modeling in Bioinformatics and Medical Informatics
The first part of this book provides a self-contained introduction to the methodology of Bayesian networks. The following parts demonstrate how these methods are applied in bioinformatics and medical informatics.
- Health Research Design and Methodology
Explains various methodologies and analyses of the design of research in health science, emphasizing applications rather than theory.
- Models for Discrete Longitudinal Data
This book provides a comprehensive treatment on modeling approaches for non-Gaussian repeated measures, possibly subject to incompleteness. The authors begin with models for the full marginal distribution of the outcome vector.
- The Statistical Analysis of Functional MRI Data
This book represents the first in-depth discussion of statistical methodology, which it couples with an introduction to the scientific background needed to understand the data.